Monday, September 29, 2008

Remembering Thayne




Today marks the one year anniversary of Thaynes death. It is hard to believe.


So much has happened this past year, both good and bad. It amazes me how my sister and her kids endured this last year. I have enjoyed spending more time with my niece and nephews and the relationship I have with them.


Today I have been thinking a lot about them and their Dad.


Every time I think about Thayne I remember what a prankster he was.


The day that I introduced Eric to my family we had a bbq over at my parents house. I wanted everything to be just right. During dinner Thayne came behind me with a pitcher of water and dumped down the back of my head. I was so mad. I just sat there and didn't say one word. He knew he was in trouble. I remember not talking to him for a while after that. And as weird as it may seem, this is one of my favorite memories.


I have asked Eric about that incident and he doesn't seem to remember anything amiss.


Thayne was always willing to help me when needed. I benefited many times from his mechanic expertise.


Thayne always loved playing with the kids, probably because he was just a big kid himself. We would often joke that Amy actually had 5 kids, Thayne being the biggest.


We miss Thayne.


We are grateful for the happiness that Amy and her kids have found.


1 comment:

Gloria said...

I can hardly believe that it has been a whole year since this sad event.

I had to grin at the picture of you getting water dumped on you. I grinned even bigger at your realization that Eric wasn't aware of it.

Makes me realize that each person's perceptions are always so different. He was probably concentrating on making a good impression on your folks.

Love you!
Mom Gross