Friday, September 12, 2008

I am so glad that it is Friday ! It has been a long week.
Today has been great so far.
This morning I went over to my Moms ( aka- the card Queen ). I love having a little bit of free time in the mornings to my self. Anyways I made the cutest halloween candy bar holder, with my moms help of course. It was a lot of fun. She is very creative.

The weather outside is gorgeous. It is just the perfect temperature, a little cool . I absolutely love this time of the year. I love how fall smells - leaves, cinnamon, and pumpkin all together some how- very yummy.
I really want to take the kids leaf collecting but I don't know if the leaves have started to change. I'm a little nervous to bring up the subject to Eric after last time. Here's what happened.....
It was a beautiful fall Sunday and I thought it would be nice to skip out on church to go for a picnic and collect colored leaves. Eric agreed. So we went to Beus' pond and had a wonderful time. We were able to collect a lot of nice leaves that I had plans to press and put in a autumn time scrap book. Several times I had Eric leave the path to acquire the best leaves possible. When we got home the itching started. The next morning Eric looked like some kind of freak show. His face was huge ! It was so red and puffy. We put the calamine lotion all over him. He was miserable. He looked so bad that one of the Doctors at his work called in a prescription for him . Thank goodness because that did the trick.
The moral of the story ?
You might say not to skip church to collect leaves .
I however think the real lesson here is to never leave the pathway when searching for the best leaves.
Ha ha ha - I bet my Dad is shaking his head right about now.

3 comments:

annie said...

OK.... WHAT....my brother Eric Sinning??? I had a feeling Becky would be the one behind it!!:)

So I called Becky and as we were talking she mentions to me in passing.. that "hey this was our biggest sin" and then she adds" Oh wait, noit isn't!!"

Well I say Eric got poisoned because he wasn't at church!! so I say this year go at least to sacrament and then go leaf picking.

Gloria said...

Well, here's Mom Gross shaking her head, and saying "tut tut." :)

That said, no one can judge you only you can judge for yourself what is right. I just love you all so very much.

Roger developed an allergy to poison ivy after having an episode with it. As strongly as it affected him, Eric should be extremely careful about being exposed to it again. Even staying on the trail might not be enough when you go on your next Autumn leave gathering. Wear long sleeves and gloves is my advice for all of you.

Love you!

Felicia said...

Hey Becks, I bet dad is saying something like..."Do you mean to tell me you broke the law (sabbath)" Or am I the only one who has heard those exact words when relaying a story to him?....Of course I was stuck on a turnpike with less than an 1/8 tank of gas and 98 miles to go to the next exit, in a place I had never been before...so what other choice did I have but flip a "Uie" via the emergency lane reserved for the Troopers and hope we could make it to a gas station. My story had a happy ending though; we coasted into a gas station in OKC with Habib working the register and a Red Neck putting $3.00 worth of gas in his 1979 Ford Pickup and demanding a receipt for it! I'm not lying! My cousin then mocks this "Bubba" calling him a big spender! I'm glad we made it out of there alive; or at least without contracting some kind of disease. Because thanks to the $0.67 86 oz Extra Big Gulp I had to use the facilities, which looked as if they were straight out of a crime scene investigation. On our way out of there Bubba was giving us the eye and I couldn't seem to get that length of cheap tp off the bottom of my shoe!

Love Ya!
-Jer