Tuesday, October 21, 2008

UEA weekend

It was so nice to have the kids home for a break from school. We had lots of fun even though I was sick the whole time. I came down with a horrible sinus deal and it totally knocked me on my butt for the weekend.
Friday I suffered through frightmeres at lagoon. The kids had a great time and it was fun to see the performers dressed up like monsters singing and dancing. Lagoon really goes all out on the decorations. We even saw a tombstone with Justin's name on it. He thought that was great !
We walked through a small spook alley with the kids clinging to both sides of me. I told them one of them could hang on to Eric, but neither one would leave my side. Nicole opted out for the other two haunted houses. I guess she is still scarred from her birthday at the haunted corn maze.
We spent some time at the arcade and Justin won a bunch of tickets on deal or no deal. When he was turning in the tickets for prizes a teenage girl came and gave him 125 more. You should of seen the look on his face, the girl did, and that made her day.
The best part for me was watching the kids devour carmel apples while watching the monsters dance. The kids rode on a few rides and then we called it a night. It has been really fun this year having lagoon passes. So nice to go and not spend all day long.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

I'm like Nicole, I dislike spook alleys. When I was in the 5th or 6th grade, they set up a spook alley at my school. I'm sure it was all very proper and probably not really very scary, but for some reason I freaked out. They had to come and get me out of there. Since then I can only endure anything that even smells like a spook alley. It just doesn't seem fun to me. Something must have been triggered in my subconscious is the only thing I can think that would cause such a reaction.

Loved the pictures of the family.

annie said...

How much fun! I unlike my mom love to go to spook alleys but as long as there's no rotting meat around (that gets too real for me.)
Courtney and I went to Lagoon a couple of months ago and we went on wicked and that one spider ride, that's pretty frighting to say the least!

Unknown said...

if you get the chance go on the spider if you have not yet its my favorite. I remeber we saw the dancers and the wolf was hot. they have one with Chloe on the head stone too. I cant remeber what it says exactly but its been there for the past three years we have gone.