Thursday, October 30, 2008

Big Chicken


Here is Nicole at the costume parade today at school. The picture isn't very good because she wouldn't stop so her dear old mother could snap a photo.

She looks pretty cute though.. some history of the chicken. 6yrs ago I made the first chicken costume a idea I got from a Martha Stewart magazine ( I made it better though).

I recently submitted a picture of Nicole in the chicken costume age 6 to the Standard Examiner and wouldn't you know it got published.

Nicole was in heaven. She asked me if I thought tv reporters might want to come and talk to her. I said probably not, even though you look fabulous as a chicken the newspaper is your 5 min. of fame. She did get a lot of attention from people at church as well as her class at school. Shortly after her picture was in the paper she announced she was going to be the chicken again. And so I being the wonderful mother I agreed to make a new bigger chicken costume.

This however is the last chicken costume I will be making.

There are white feathers all over my house.

There are white feathers in my bed. ( I sat on my bed while assembling the chicken )

There are white feathers on the dog. ( Jack was drawn to the fluffy chicken suit, rolling and sleeping on it He couldn't get enough of it. I think He might of thought it was a female dog because yes, I caught him doing that to). Don't tell Nicole that part. She will never want to wear the chicken suit and she promised to wear it next year to.

Halloween tommorow should be lots of fun.

3 comments:

annie said...

So so cute. You are incredibly talented woman!!!!

I loved Justin's Robot. You could seriously make millions with all the talent you possess.

I can't believe you got me on a tag.
Have a happy Halloween.

Unknown said...

How did you get all the feathers on to form a costume like did you sew each feather on or did you glue each one on. It looks so cool. whoa Jack. I think the chicken suit is a little to tall for you.

Jaime said...

Hahaha...don't need a mental on that one! You crack me up!