Thursday, October 30, 2008

Justin as the Candy Robot



Today is the Halloween celebration at the elementary school. There is no school tommorow. The kindergarteners get to wear their costumes to school and the older kids take theirs to change into.


So we dressed Justin in the robot costume I made and he looked great ! It was funny because he can't put his arms down all the way. oh well, the price of looking fabulous.


All month long Justin has told me he will be the robot for school but wants to dress as Mario for tricks and treating. I have tried to convince him to be the robot instead of Mario.


I think today changed his mind about Mario.


When we were walking up to school and across the playground all of the school kids ooohed and awwed at his costume. We heard kids yelling awesome, and cool robot kid- you should have seen Justins face, he was beaming. When we got to kindergarten the praises kept coming - from adults and kids alike.


Justin turned to me and gave me a big hug saying " Thank you mom for making my robot costume".


Wow... this kid really knows how to make me feel great.


He is going to have one fantastic day at school.


2 comments:

Karrie said...

Reminds me of the little boy on Christmas Story, I can't put my arms down. Very cute costumes. Tell Nicole that I bragged about her at my school as well. Very cute costumes. Showed off her picture and everything.

Unknown said...

Cool costume Justin. That looks so amazing Aunt Becky. You are so creative. Tell justin I saw his brother Luigi. Me and my friends while trick or treating saw one of the guys in our ward dressed up as him. He said HI I'm Luigi heres your candy. It was so cool he had a good accent and eveything.