Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Justin's Tooth


Justin has had a loose tooth now for a few months. He finally started wiggling it consistently about 2 weeks ago. Since Nicole has lost several teeth he thought she would be a good person to consult with. Nicole was able to instruct Justin in all the steps to remove a tooth. First you wiggle back and forth until it bleeds. Next you twist and turn until it bleeds again. ( Blood is a good sign she says). Then last you take a piece of tissue to get a better grip on the tooth and pull straight out. Justin followed this routine several times . Nicole then gripped the tooth and pulled it out. Nicole then told Justin all about the tooth fairy and helped him put it under his pillow. She also put in a good word for him suggesting how much the tooth fairy should give . Justin woke us early in the morning, running in our room waving a dollar in each hand, exclaiming " I got two dollars ! " Justin then told us the tooth fairy left his tooth and so he thought he might try for more money tonight. I told him it didn't work that way. If you try and fool the fairy you might never get another cent.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I'm proud of you Justin. I remember one time when I was around your age and I had a loose tooth. My Dad wanted to pull it, but I was so scared I wouldn't let him near me. I remember being grounded as an incentive. I still wouldn't let my Dad near me.

So my parents gave up and told me to go and play. After awhile I heard my Mom call. In those days we didn't have cell phones and we kids played outside, so she would just step outside the door and hollar my name as loud as she could. I heard her, I usually always did.

So, not expecting anything unusual, I went home and walked in the door. Someone grabbed me (I guess it was Mom) and my Dad reached into my mouth and had that tooth out before I knew what hit me.

Nicole's way was much better. Hooray for you and good going. I think the Tooth Fairy treated you pretty good, so I wouldn't push my luck if I were you.

Love you,
Gramma Gross

annie said...

way to go Justin!! Dr. Allen is very proud of you!

Maybe you'll become dentist one day :)