Tuesday, May 19, 2009

That China Report


Today was Nicole's big day at school. She did her oral country report on China. She chose China because her Uncle Thayne had traveled there numerous times and had lots of cool things that he brought back with him. I have to say Nicole is a natural speaker. She was not nervous at all. She presented herself very well and knew her subject matter good. The class responded with lots of questions. They were all very interested. Nicole said that no one had asked questions of the other kids. She made a power point as part of her presentation my but she is smart. Eric and I went to watch and take up the food sample. We gave the kids some ham fried rice, eggroll and fortune cookie all to eat with chopsticks. The kids absolutely loved it. Eric and I went to a local oriental market. ( for the first time) We were quite impressed everything was very cheap. I was so happy for Nicole when I heard all the positive comments from her class mates.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Good show, Nicole. I enjoyed reading all the new blogs, Becky. Keep up the good work. Now I'll have to follow your good example and get back to my blog. I was doing quite well for a few days there, and then ..... All I can say is that time just flies.